Intellectual property is very important for a country, for his economy and essential to face the future.
I remember 15 years ago, people told me that the future of the world, by different areas, would be:
- United States for innovation.
- European Union for tourism, and museums.
- China the factory of the world, cause it will produce most of products.
Well, in broad strokes, this prediction was correct.
Donald Trump’s administration, in my opinion, has made the right diagnosis of the problem: trying to correct the trade balance of United States, which is now negative.
How could United States get this?
Mainly, based on two points:
- Imposing tariffs to some imports. This is a very delicate issue, because it could affect both companies and consumers, because they could find products more expensive. Donald Trump’s administration has decided to delay U.S. application of tariffs until June 1, 2018 to steel and aluminium of European Union and other countries.
- Reducing U.S. imports by increasing internal production. Companies coming back to United States help to boost this growth.
There is another important issue: the intellectual property.
United States’ government is worried about this, because China could be taking profit of United States’ intellectual property in his products.
Donald Trump’s administration tries to prevent this.
On this point, U.S. government has denied the permission to a chinese company of buying an american one of electronic components.
It is said, it is for National Security.
For more information you can look at the official White House website.
If you like politics you can also look at Donald Trump’s presidency in this web.